1995 Buick Park Ave - No Start - Electrical? HELP

cooltc2004
11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Alright, I searched, and didn't come up with much. I've been having problems with my 1995 Buick Park Ave lately. First thing thats been happening is when I would hit the unlock door button on my remote, he would make a weird noise, like a whistling hum. I would have to unlock my doors manually, start the car (which it took a bit longer then usual for it to start), and my door locks would work again via the button.

Second thing, which JUST happened, is this: I was driving down RT.306 going 35 MPH, and all of a sudden my engine cut off. I coast to the side of the road, put her in park, and try to start her. She wouldn't start, just sit there and crank. The gauges, all the lights, the wipers, and even the radio worked. Two things didn't work, though, and that was the door locks, and the windows (and of course the engine). My dad had to push me into a local post office, and there my car sits for the night (it is dark, raining, and a police-women took down my license plate number and inputed it as broken down). Seems to me like an electrical problem, but ANY input would be very helpful.

Thanks.

cooltc2004
11-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Forgot to add that it was raining out, and I hydroplaned a few times (no big deal).

Add your comment to this topic!