Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which is the best low-profile muffler out there?

Y2A
09-13-2002, 11:30 PM
Which is the best low profile exhaust system out there? Cuz my parents still drive the 02 Accord and I dont want to attract too much attention becuz of the noise and size of the muffler. So do you guys know of any good low profile muffler/exhaust system that gains power+torque?

TerryJoe
09-14-2002, 03:40 PM
i have a apexi dunk cat back its sort of big, but it puts out a good deap sound not a high pitch. i will mesure it in a bit and let u know some dimentions.
thx
terry thornburgh

Y2A
09-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Oh I forgot to add something, can the Apexi Dunk be used in a 2 muffler configuration? like on the V6 accord? Can I do the same to a 4 cylinder accord?

Atariallstar
09-18-2002, 07:25 AM
greddy evo system.. thats low profile...just for lowered cars...so the mufffler is mostly tucked all under the bumper instead of showing. i have a greddy SP...they sound great. price is average catback price range.. gives noticeable increase in power, and isnt too loud unless you stomp on it.. keeps me outta trouble over everyone else. low deep tone exhaust

thewoahna
09-18-2002, 10:31 AM
Take a look at an Apexi WS Catback system. These are a semi-racing type catback system that is not too much louder than a stock muffler. It does not have the "Big Exhaust" look either. I was looking at one myself, but I decided to get something differant because I wanted something louder.

TerryJoe
09-19-2002, 08:34 PM
sorry didnt reply right back been trying to get things done to my car
tommow i am having my rear door handles, license plate frame, and taillights shaved.
u can put a dual setup on any car. i am not for sure if the apexi will have enuf room on the drivers side like on the passanger side if not u can just get a sledg hammer and raise the spare tire floor i am fixing to buy another one and do the same thing.
sorry cant find a tape measure to measure it will get specs for u tho

Starchild
09-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Well, I have the maxspeed dual dtm exhaust. It's pretty quiet i would say, but it does get loud if you want it. I would say it's at a noticable level of noise, not quiet, and not loud. No fart noise or highly pitched ever.

The tone it produces sounds very nice, deep, and unlike any exhaust i heard. Makes people think i have different engine. One reason I got her was because of the unique looks and I never have seen a 6th gen with it, but i did see a 5th gen accord with it. Looks very very nice with lips.

This pic is a bit old. heh
http://home.earthlink.net/~gxstarchild/ex1.jpg

Y2A
09-21-2002, 10:00 AM
No problem Terry, Im not really in a rush to get a new exhaust system yet cuz im still saving up to get a setup(most likely dual muffler setup).
I've looked at the Greddy SP tho, it has the oem shape with a wider tip, which is a good thing so the whole muffler wont show, just the big tip. And greddy parts always make good amounts of power.

Starchild: does the maxspeed increase performance in any way? or is it purely for looks? cuz im planning on installing the Fmax turbo on my accord and i need a exhaust system that can do the job.

wagsaccordsir
09-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Just get a Tanabe Super Medallion, and when mommy and daddy drive it, throw in the silencer.. hehee

Add your comment to this topic!