Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

factory radio stopped working

nazrin
11-15-2006, 08:34 AM
The factory radio stopped working, I had remove it and had it check seems to me OK out of the car (Powers up) in the car just the security light blinks and the screen does not light up when the radio is turned on, but when the radio is turned on the trunk indicator light comes on with a very steady dime bright frequency to the indicator light, seems to be some sort of positive short in the car, I'm thinking. Also if the radio is on and the trunk opened the radio security light stops blinking and the beeping stops also. I had not checked the cable to the car very well thinking of this but did find 12 volts there, will have to check again to look for a good ground. This seem to happen around the time when my wife left the lights on and drained the battery and ended up push starting the car, but don't know if this was the result of the dead battery and or push start.

I forgot to mention I have a 97 nubria manual trans with over 130K possibly.

I had recently had a new power antenna installed about 1 1/2 weeks before the problem and had worked fine after the installation and don't know if this has anything to do with it but the engine light is on, comes on after driving it for 5 mins. or so and had been on for over a year now with the radio working fine in the past. I did have this looked with diagnostics and I was told the idle modulator needs to be replaced, causing to idle at 1300 instead of 800.

Any help on this radio problem would be great. Thank you.

nazrin
02-20-2007, 05:47 AM
The radio was a female pin connect in the back of the radio (car harness)

About the idle modulator, I would really would like help on that !!!

nazrin
02-20-2007, 05:59 AM
About the idle modulator, I would really would like help on that !!![/quote]

To go back,

The engine light is on, and the idle sits about 1500 and I had it check, which he removed the modulator and clean it, after that it was ok for about a week, he did a diagnostic check and mentioned the idle modulator needs to be replaced soon.

What does anybody think, could this be the problem or something else, maybe the computer getting false info from somewhere else and sending bad info the the modulator? This idle modulator, is this common for it to ware out ? How does this modulator accuate, is it a servo ?

any info please, thanks

nazrin
04-15-2007, 06:22 AM
found the problem in the connector to the back of the radio. Cripped the wire lug tighter on the wire which feed power to the radio and fix the problem

Add your comment to this topic!