Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ask An Expert

thecloser11974
11-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM AND THOUGHT I WOULD BE USEFUL. I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR BUSINESS FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE WORKED AND EXCELLED IN PARTS,SALES,AND SERVICE. I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING FROM CAR BUYING ADVISE TO DTC TROUBLESHOOTING. SO, SEND ME A MESSAGE:smokin:

sunj00
12-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Hello. I don't know if you can help with mercedes, but I'm looking to buy a 2007 benz s550. I've seen 3 listed from the same dealer. Two at 78,995 and 1 at 79,995. The two for 78,995 seem like they have only standard features. My questions are generally how much bargaining room do I have with the dealer and how can I avoid the long and tedious haggling of prices. Should I start at a very low number and then work up to my goal?

Any help would be appreciated. I always dread going to dealerships.

P.S. I noticed there prices were 1-2k lower than neighboring dealers.

DoniBrasco
12-30-2006, 09:34 AM
to the closer. hi i have a brought a mercedes s class 99 this is the model from 99 to i believe 2005 but there was a face lift around about 2001-2002. i got conned when i brought it, there was a ratteling sound underneath the car, the private seller said it was just the exhaust plate, after i brought it i realised it was the cats that were gone, so i replaced both of them it cost £650,-. i didnt drive the car for quite some time, and the batterie was flat, so i jump started it using another s class same year. i drove nomally, but when i parked up and put it into P ( park on automatic ) i struggled to get it out again, but by waggeling it it came out, and i drove off. Then after i came back home, i didnt drive it for some time and today i tried again, jump started it again, and its stuck into P and i cant get it out, the rac breakdown cover came and tried disconnecting the batterie for 10 mins and conennectig it again but it didnt change much, he checked all the fuses and realised that a 40 fuse was melted, replaced it with a 30 as we had no 40s but didnt change much either, so he disconnected the batterie once again, waited 10 mins, connected it, and it still didnt change much, Please help me out with this problem, as i dont want to pay more money for repairs again. even if it is a temporary repair then please advise me. my email address is das_kirpa@hotmail.co.uk thankyou there is a underscore, so its das_kirpa....

Add your comment to this topic!