Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help removing lights

89oldsregancy
11-14-2006, 03:25 PM
if some one could help me. you know the lights on the side of the car inbetween the front and rear doors one of mine went out and is cracked so i can get one from a wreakers but i dont know how to remove it

Ian Szgatti
11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
You have to open the door to get at this light. Open your door and just look at the area behind the light cover... you will definately see how to get at it... look all around that general area for screws. You must venture here.. you'll find a way, because there IS a way. Good luck

Alibi
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
This issue is well documented on a car on Cardomain.com but unfortunately I haven't found it yet. However, I seem to remember that there are some phillips head scews on each side (facing the door). If I remember wrong on that one, then you'll need to remove the inner plastic trim on the pillar on the inside of the cabin. From there, you should be able to pull out the light. There isn't a bulb, the whole thing is chemical based as I remember and you have to either get a new one from the dealer or get lucky at a junkyard.

If I find the cardomain site, then I'll post the link.

Drewet88
12-29-2006, 06:18 AM
i'm going through the same problem did you find a way to get yours fixed?

O sorry 4 reviving the old thread..

89oldsregancy
12-29-2006, 09:22 PM
nop im going to wait till summer until i get into the body work on my car

Drewet88
12-30-2006, 02:41 AM
damn... dat sucks i guess i'll keep searching for a way to do it. I think the car would look really really really good if i could get them to work.

Alibi
12-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey, I think I remember. You have to remove the large flat plastic trim piece on the backside of the pillar to get at it. This involves removing the plastic trim around the doors (some of it, at least).

Drewet88
12-31-2006, 05:27 PM
so ill most likely have to go to the stealership in order to get the lights... autozone didnt have them and i'm not to sure if i trust junkyard lights.

Add your comment to this topic!