Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 accord heater blower fan quit

Stacetee
11-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Advice? Fan stopped while heater was running. I detect heat when vent setting on with a small amt. of airflow; but the fan is not working. There is no airflow at all when air set to internally recirculate. I checked fuse and changed the relay. No luck. What next :screwy: ?

somick
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I would check if you are getting power to the blower motor. Or try to wire it directly to the battery.

Sam

Stacetee
11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
:screwy: I'll try to direct wire it next, I reckon. After I get outta the ER where I work that is! Thanx.

ravageiwise
02-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I have the same problem. How would you go about wiring it directly? I assume that you need to first take it out from behind the glove box but if there is an easier solution please do tell. Thanks!

mpumas
02-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I gather that it doesn't work at any speed setting, correct? If that's the case, it is not the switch.

ravageiwise
02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
You're right, it does not work at any speed. However this morning I went to the local auto wreckers and pulled out another heater blower assembly and tested it on the wiring and it worked so I put that in. When I get some spare time I will look at testing this with 12V direct and possibly pulling it apart to rebuild in case this currently working one fails. What a pain to put these back in though! Thanks for the reply!

Add your comment to this topic!