Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

carbon leak on exhaust

wufpak18
11-14-2006, 01:38 PM
my cr250 leaks black carbon were the pipe meets the silencer, i expect it out of the end of the silencer but not were the two meet. do ya'll have any tricks to make a tighter seal between them. i looked on the end of the pipe were it goes into the silencer and the factory rubber washer is in little bits. i tried teflon tape but it doesn't work that good. any tricks or suggestions?
thanks
blake

VR43000GT
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
You can buy another rubber seal. Check at a local Honda dealer and they may very well have one in stock.

RoostRider
01-16-2007, 02:22 PM
If your bike is jetted properly, you will not have spooge. Not out the end, or at the seams.

That being said, you should still have a good seal at the seams. Some people just hose clamp some high temp rubber over it.

You should jet your bike.

jg09
01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
If your bike is jetted properly, you will not have spooge. Not out the end, or at the seams.

:1: A good jetting should fix it, although new seals are never a bad thing. :)

wufpak18
04-12-2007, 09:44 AM
how would i go about jetting it, like where can i find the correct jets i need and how do i know which ones i need. it has a pro circuit pipe and silencer. thanks
blake

BNaylor
04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
At your local Honda dealer or Japanese motorcycle dealer since other brands may use the Mikuni or Keihin brand carburetors. You need to pull your current jets (main, pilot, needle) and get the numbers off them before deciding to rejet most likely leaner. What does the spark plug look like. How does it read?

wufpak18
04-12-2007, 11:42 PM
i started looking on cycleforums and found threads that deal with jetting and they reffered them to spanky's jetting guide. i looked it over i think it will help but i know i will definetly have questions when i have time to mess with it. my plugs foul black if i remember correctly.

BNaylor
04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Proper carb jetting can be very time consuming. CR250s are notorious for jetting problems right from the factory. Of course, there are factors like weather and altitude. I recall it took me about two weeks of tinkering to finally get the jetting on my CR250 straight. I had spooge before.

Based on your plugs it sounds like you are running rich. Also, what premix ratio are you using? 32:1 is standard. You can safely go to 40:1 and see if that makes a difference. I use Honda HP2 100% synthetic premix oil.

Also, I wound up getting a Boyesen CNC exhaust flange which helped with any spooge drip out of the joint with the expansion chamber. And a new seal between the pipe and silencer.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/lizzywiz/cr250_new_02.jpg

wufpak18
04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
where can i find a seal to go between the pipe and silencer, i have looked every where and can't find them, where did you get yours?

BNaylor
04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I got mine from the local Honda dealer parts department. It was special order and took about 4 days to get. Also, you can try bikebandit.com. Plus I saw a guy on EBay sells seals with different colors. Search at EBay Motors, Motorcycle Parts, Exhaust, CR250. Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!