Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 Alero Power Locks

Yellow Eyes
11-14-2006, 08:36 AM
So I have an 02 alero, and the driver side lock seems to be shorting out. When I try to open the door via the keyless entry, it does not always open right away. If i stand there and click it open for a few tries it will unlock eventually. Also, I've noticed that when I shift into park (and the other locks open) this one usually does not. Sometimes however, everything is working well.

So my question is, what should i check first? I'd rather not go ripping apart my door panel to look if I can avoid it, or if it may be a wire than I can easily get to without ripping it apart.

BNaylor
11-14-2006, 09:02 AM
What does it do when you use the manual lock/unlock buttons? Sounds like you may have a flaky actuator in that driver's side door which would require taking the door panel off.

Also, there are lock/unlock relays at the driver's side dash fuse box but normally when one of those go bad you lose all doors.

Yellow Eyes
11-14-2006, 09:13 AM
You mean the button that unlocks them? Same as the other times. Most of the time it won't open, but sometimes it does.

BNaylor
11-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Best thing to do is remove the door panel and perform an inspection to see if the respective actuator is working properly. You can measure the voltages at the actuator connector plug. It doesn't sound like any button/switch problem or BCM control via the remote keyless entry.

Add your comment to this topic!