Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Black Oil.

ABigWeaney
11-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Ok i was just wondering if it is normal for oil that was just put in my car a few days ago to just turn a dark black? I was also wondering if there is any additive that i can use to help clean that up? i am using castrol synthetic 10w-30.

My car is a 92 talon tsi with 230k miles.

defiancy
11-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Ok i was just wondering if it is normal for oil that was just put in my car a few days ago to just turn a dark black? I was also wondering if there is any additive that i can use to help clean that up? i am using castrol synthetic 10w-30.

My car is a 92 talon tsi with 230k miles.

How black are we talking here?

230k miles? I didn't think that was possible.

ABigWeaney
11-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I dont know how to explain it.. but when i wipe the oil on a white towel it turns it black. Yea i do have like 230 or sompthing really close...

defiancy
11-13-2006, 01:30 AM
I dont know how to explain it.. but when i wipe the oil on a white towel it turns it black. Yea i do have like 230 or sompthing really close...

Well your oil should still be a nice light color for a while after you put it in. You probably have alot of sludge and crap on the walls of the engine. When was the last time you rebuilt the motor? I think they make additives for the sludge build up but if I remember correctly they aren't very good for your car.

ABigWeaney
11-13-2006, 01:35 AM
I just bought the car like 5 months ago.. the only thing that i can think of that was fixed was the head. It broke a timing belt and bent 13 valves.

Should i take the oil pan off and clean it out? or would it not help... i have no idea ima newbie

scottsee
11-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Your probably cooking your oil in the turbo..

Add your comment to this topic!