Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dirvers side floor wet

jalfaro
09-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Hello.
Its been raining like hell here in Guatemala almost everyday and the streets tend to fill up with rivers of rain.
Today I noticed that on the drivers side where I put my feet, the floor mat and the rug underneath were wet as hell. The entire car is dry including the trunk.
I noticed however that the rug on my side is dry where the pedals are, underneath my seat, where it attaches to the door railing, and next to the foot rest. But its wet right smack in the middle. This happened recently it wasn't like this about a week ago and a half ago.
Is the water coming in from underneath the car or what?
Am I missing a plug or something?
Any ideas?

Thanks

b16a3sol
09-13-2002, 05:32 PM
you are the only person that can tell us where the water is coming from. logic would have it that the water is coming from underneath the car, which means jack the car up and look under it for a hole. you could also pull up the carpeting that is covering the wet spot. sounds to me like you had a hole rust through, allowing rivers of water into your car.

jalfaro
09-23-2002, 08:48 AM
Good morning.
This weekend I went to a service station and lifted the car up to get underneath.
I walked underneath the car and found that the drain hose was fine. There was no dirt or anything clogging it up.
Then I went over to the driver side of the car and looked at the bottom of the area where it was wet and found no holes where possibly the water would be able to enter.
I was not able to lift the rug up and see but I'll do it this weekend.
HERE IS THE KEY.
The edge of the rug was kind of wet again this morning.
It was dry last night when I parked the car in the driveway.
It rained very early in the morning and when I woke up to warm up the engine the edge of the rug was humid.
So I guess there is a seam open or something on the bottom edge of the door jamb. The water seems to be filtering in from somewhere. Not the bottom.

jalfaro
10-07-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey guys.
This weekend I took the car to the mechanic to see where the water was coming from.
To make a long story short...the leak was coming from a crake in the firewall. Near the driver side door.

Add your comment to this topic!