Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny problem...

Ali07
11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Hey I got my standard '93 Rodeo 4 months ago and have been having problems.:banghead:
My new problem to date is needing to replace the clutch kit.Got together with a friend to take out the tranny, unscrewed it but tranny still wont come out. Friend says I need to get a manual kit to see if there is a trick to getting it out. Anyone have any ideas or know if there is some type of lock on the tranny? Any help appreciated!

buddy1
11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
get a book it kinda hard to explain if you dont have a picture. just went threw this myself in a 95 rodeo. anyways the clutch setup on these are a pull setup, they look like a push.what holding the trans in is the clutch fork and release bearing. the release bearing snaps into a collar in the center of the pressure plate, what you have to do is take the little cover off the bottom of the trans, put a pry bar through the hole and between the pressure plate and bearing and twist the bar it will snap out, dont be scarred you are breaking something your not. also you can take the pin out that the clutch fork pivits on that kinds a pain in the@#$ but is possible.it hard to find someone in a shop or dealer that will tell you cause they dont know,trust me only took about 2 weeks to find this out,the picture in the book isnt really very convincing either .good luck and make sure when you pull the trans out you mark all the wires that hook to the switches if not you will have a mess, cause they are all the same color.

Ali07
11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey buddy1 thanks for the info. Went ahead and caved in and bought the book . Got my rodeo fixed. Who new it'd be that complicated!!:shakehead

Add your comment to this topic!