Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

driver side power window glitch????

bobby.3b
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
the driver side power window has a mind of its own. sometimes it works fine, then other times, it doesn't work at all. when it's not working you can hear the auto-down switch click under the dash, but the window doesn't move and the motor makes no noise. after opening and closing the door a few times, it goes back to working, also, when it does work, the door has to be closed to work the window. has anybody had the same problem? if so, what do i need to check/replace?

SG007
11-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Year? Model? ...

cuda_dude
11-12-2006, 08:27 PM
generally when a power window doesnt work its one of 2 things... the window switch or the window motor...is the window slow when going up? does it stop working partway up? will it work generally after letting it set a while? if so that's usualy a motor.

ChevyGirl027
05-23-2007, 06:33 AM
I have an 02 camaro that is doing the same thing. It will go up and down but sometimes stops and after letting it rest a min or so will continue up or down and sometimes it will take a few tries to get it all the way up or down. I was thinking the motor. Will the motor eventually stop working all together or will it continue on and off? How difficult is it to replace the motor? 02 Camaro. Little experience with the work, mostly I do oil changes and items like that. Thanks

97copcar
05-23-2007, 08:44 AM
My 97 camaro just had a problem with the drivers side window. It would go down but not up. I pulled the bezel in the door with the switch and bypassed the switch with a heavy gage wire and it went up. I replaced the switch and have been happy ever since. You might want to try this with your car when it stops working. If it still does not work with the wire bypass, odds are it is the motor.

first_pyro
06-01-2007, 01:08 AM
I have an 02 camaro that is doing the same thing. It will go up and down but sometimes stops and after letting it rest a min or so will continue up or down and sometimes it will take a few tries to get it all the way up or down. I was thinking the motor. Will the motor eventually stop working all together or will it continue on and off? How difficult is it to replace the motor? 02 Camaro. Little experience with the work, mostly I do oil changes and items like that. Thanks

Im not sure what the problem is because I have a 95 camaro with the same problem. I do know though, that the reason it stops n then works again is becuase it has a circuit breaker integrated into the wiring. what I want to know is why this is the 3rd motor that i replaced because my motor gradually becomes slower over the years. maybe the spring is too strong from the factory? not sure about that part. nyone know ? O, and if you pull your door apart. you will see two metal guides with a brush like material on the end. they are used for guiding the window and keeping it flush. make sure those arent bolted in the wrong position too tight against your window.

Add your comment to this topic!