Throttle response problem- need help!

Brucifer
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I am having idling problems while driving in stop-n-go traffic. If I barely accelerate and let go to brake my rpm drops well below normal rpm levels-almost like it wants to die. Also driving at higher speeds if I accelerate all the way I hear alot of clanking noise. This usually happens in colder weather. I am thinking this is an oxygen sensor related problem or fuel problem. I am looking to buy a code reader to see if it could guide me in the right direction. Is there a good one that you suggest I pick up? Any advice would help!! :banghead:

ohiodave
11-12-2006, 03:47 AM
EBay is loaded with readers. I picked one up for about $40 or $50 bucks awhile back. They are pretty much all the same as long as you get one that is OBDII compatable.

rodbls
11-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Unless your engine is throwing a code (aka, your check engine light is on) a code reader wont tell you anything. As for the stop and go traffic low idle thing, it could just be that your aux fans are running for your radiator, which can cause a low idle, same goes for if you are running your AC on a hot day. If it were an MAS sensor problem you should have tripped an engine light.

BleedDodge
11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Clanking? Like pinging? Intake plenum pan gasket is likely shot.

I bet your idle air control sensor is filthy.

Simioh
11-15-2006, 12:42 AM
code reader, i would recommend u get the superchips flashpaq. it is kinda expensive, i just found one in perfect conditions for 325 shipped. they not only read truck codes, but they tune ur truck. it is amazing, shifting is so mufh stronger and firmer. and u get extra hp and tq. plus it has a data adquisition feature which will let u log ur 1/4 mile times, 1/8 mile, 0-40 0-60, etc etc and all that good stuff

Add your comment to this topic!