Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

injectors plugs and wires installed

mygreenTT
11-08-2006, 05:04 PM
wellll, as said in the title i got this stuff in my car now. it seemed to have cured the eratic idle problem. it holds about 7-800 at idle, no more fluctuating from 200 to 1000. it runs rough driving though, as expected...somewhat. there isn't a loss of power rather than a complete lack there of, can't really feel it boosting..just a little bit. even the exhaust sounds different now, completely different. my SAFC gets here on the 10th so i'll wire that up and tune it the best i know how. i guess i didn't expect just upgrading from 360's to 450's would hurt the performance thus far as drastically as it did. im taking care of the fuel problem for boosting 14 pounds right now though, i still need to wire up the hot wire kit. i'm also going to give alamo motorsports a call and see if i can some weekend time in soon, i'm about 3 1/2 hours from dallas. tis' a process i guess.

liquidPunk
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Congrats, I just ordered some NGK wires and plugs myself, hopefully they will be here soon.

Good luck with the other problems... Have you looked at your fuel pump and filter?

mygreenTT
11-08-2006, 10:03 PM
i haven't looked at the pump and filter. i haven't had the car with the time to do so yet. this weekend im hot wiring the fuel pump, perhaps i'll take a look at it then. if anyone has had the experience of upgrading injectors due to increased boost without tuning with an safc (yet), did this happen to you also? i expected it to run different but not this different, any input would be much appreciated. thanks guys.

mygreenTT
11-09-2006, 09:34 PM
check to the top, just looking for personal experience to compare against. i'm still learning this motor and looking for input. thanks guys.

Linebckr49
11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
wellll, as said in the title i got this stuff in my car now. it seemed to have cured the eratic idle problem. it holds about 7-800 at idle, no more fluctuating from 200 to 1000. it runs rough driving though, as expected...somewhat. there isn't a loss of power rather than a complete lack there of, can't really feel it boosting..just a little bit. even the exhaust sounds different now, completely different. my SAFC gets here on the 10th so i'll wire that up and tune it the best i know how. i guess i didn't expect just upgrading from 360's to 450's would hurt the performance thus far as drastically as it did. im taking care of the fuel problem for boosting 14 pounds right now though, i still need to wire up the hot wire kit. i'm also going to give alamo motorsports a call and see if i can some weekend time in soon, i'm about 3 1/2 hours from dallas. tis' a process i guess.

so you've upgraded injectors, but you have no way yet (til AFC arrives) to control the extra fuel you're dumping into the cylinder. it makes sense that ur car runs rough. i would turn the boost back down to 10 or so until you get the SAFC in for tuning. just b/c you upgraded injectors, plugs, wires doesn't mean more power. you have to find a way of making that power, and that's through the tune.

i wish i knew more about the SAFC to help you. i've been looking into them recently (for future purchase), and from what i understand, you have 10 (or 16 for SAFC2) points of adjustment or A:F ratio. i believe these points can be over whatever rpm range you want (i.e. from 0-6,000...or just 3,000-7,000). whatever points you set, the curve is a linear plot over those points.

did you get the SAFC, SAFC 2, or SAFC NEO? i think i'm gonna go to the A'Pexi website and download the user manual.

mygreenTT
11-09-2006, 11:10 PM
i got the SAFC II. when it gets here i'm going to wire it and set the initial settings according to http://www.vr4stealth.com/apexi_safc_install.htm, due to the closeness of the set up until i get down to the dyno. i know the plugs; injectors; wires won't add power, i'm just trying to remedy the problem caused by the previous owner. he put the boost controller in and that's it, no tuning whatsoever. i haven't drove the car much since the upgrades have been put in, just after the install was done to see how it ran. the rest of my parts will be here the beginning of next week, once i get everything on i'm going to make an appoinment at alamo and get everything squared away. it's just a process now, and i'm sure i will be pleased with the finished project. i thank you guys for input, it is much appreciated.

Igovert500
11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
I would not have swapped the injectors until the safc came. As of now you are running ridiculously rich. If the gas leaks past the rings and contaminates your oil, you can spin bearings pretty easily. Pop your oil cap...smell gas?? Change your oil and filter and don't drive it until you get hte SAFC in.

Linebckr49
11-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I would not have swapped the injectors until the safc came. As of now you are running ridiculously rich. If the gas leaks past the rings and contaminates your oil, you can spin bearings pretty easily. Pop your oil cap...smell gas?? Change your oil and filter and don't drive it until you get hte SAFC in.

:1:

i forgot to mention that. thanks, Igo.

since you don't have anyway of controlling the fuel yet (SAFC), the ECU still thinks you have the stock 360cc injectors. however, you actually have 450s in there, so you're dumping more fuel than normal into the cylinder, thus running very very rich. that's probably why ur car is running like crap, b/c its too rich.

mygreenTT
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
okay, it ran rich before with the 360's also. i drove it this morning to work like 2 miles shifting at 2500. i'll check the oil for gas this afternoon, my SAFC came in today so i'm going to wire it up tomorrow. i appreciate the help guys.

Add your comment to this topic!