01 Malibu service vehicle soon light

Andie44
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Hi. I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu with a service vehicle soon light on. My daytime running lights do not work during daylight, but in the evening every thing works fine and I don't even get the service vehicle soon light on. I know there are relays that control this, but is it one of my automatic light relays possibly? Help please before I take it in and spend alot of money for something I can possibly fix myself.

bcopeland
11-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Wellthe DRL are not the same as the automatic headlights. Maybe a fuse is bad or something. At night, it is the automatic headlights that come on.

Andie44
11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Well everything works ok if it is a cloudy day and the lights come on already. When it senses it is light enough, the automatic lights go off and the daytime running lights have been working ok then. It seems to decide it will work one day and not on nice sunny days. I can't figure it out...nothing major, just an annoying problem for the most part that I don't want to put out a bunch of money for.

travist
11-22-2006, 10:13 AM
There is a seperate relay for DRL vs. the headlamps them selves. Check the relay. It will be in the underhood fuse block.

stratford_boy
11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
If the DRL's don't work, this specific vehicle will set a check engine light, but when you check the code, there will be none. I tried to "unplug" my DRL's and had this happen. When the accessorie control module sees the DRL's not working, it tells the PCM to turn on the SVS light. I unplugged the resistor for the DRL's which is behind the steel bumper on the front of the car to attempt this. I ended up having to ground a wire out on the accessorry control module to fake it out and still have no check engine light. The resistor behind the front bumper could be your problem. It's got a big porcelin heat sink on it and 2 wires on the plug...

bcopeland
11-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Stratford Boy - Are you actually from Stratford? Cherrio Chap!

Add your comment to this topic!