Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 PA is dead

yogi_123rd
11-07-2006, 09:37 PM
My 94 PA ultra finally died. Absolutly refuses to start. There is only 110K on the engine so I would like to keep the car if possible.

There is a wiring problem, probably a bad ground. The mechanic I took the car to can't find the problem. He has worked on the car off and on for 4 weeks now and is at the point of giving up. According to him, there is no signal from the BCM to the electronic ignition. He wants me to obtain junk yard parts of those modules under the right dash - BCM, keyless module, and security module. Hit or miss.
I would like to know if anyone else has had these problems.

Synmptoms: The car will not start, just turn over. The power driver's side seat just beeps, but doesn't move. Interestingly the passenger side seat does move and adjust. The power windows just click (the relays), but don't roll down. After playing with the switches, the seat will eventually work as with the windows - then the car will start.

This problem was intermittant, and particularly bad in wet or extreme cold days. It got worse over time and now the car totally refuses to start.

Questions:
1. Has anyone out there experienced a simular problem.
2. If the BCM has a bad ground, could this be the problem. Are all the ground wires connected thru the BCM?

Add your comment to this topic!