Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! In desperate need of ideas, My Accord Died!!

JakeDrummer
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey Guys,
I need help bad, I'm without a car right now. I've got a '90 honda accord sedan F22a1. 5 speed. 232k miles. The car is idleing around 3200 RPM. It is imposible to drive and/or shift. I've tested the IAC valve with a known good one. I've tested the MAP sensor with a known good one. I've checked all the vacume lines. I even tryed bypassing the catch can. The mechanical idle controler is screwed down all the way. The idle control screw on the throttle body is still set to factory. The timing is set correctly. The dizzy, plug wires, and plugs are about a year old. The car is not throwing any check lights. The computer is throwing a code 3 and a what i belive is a 4 or 5. (Its very hard to read them right now) Car is bone stock except for an intake, it used to run perfect and idle right around 800 rpm. I'm thinking something is jacked in the wiring harness or my computer got messed up, as it is very hard to disinguish the check light codes. The only thing that will throw a check light is when I under the hood is when i unplug the ERG valve or the MAP sensor. Unplugging the ERG valve slows the RPMs down to about 2900 rpm. Unpluggin the MAP sensor throws the car to full rich and slows the RPMs down around 1800RPM.

The idle has slowly been working its way up over the past couple days and i'm afraid to drive it anymore, not to mention is basicly imposible to get into gear when the idle's that high. I am completly out of ideas guys and i need help desperatly as this is my only car i have right now. Thanks

jclark
11-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Just guessing here, but I'd do a pressure test on your fuel.
Could be a fuel pump or pressure control valve???

Add your comment to this topic!