Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 PA speakers,tranny,and a/c, intake tube.

amart100
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I just purchased a 97 PA w/ 75k mi. from an 86 yr old man.. My a/c was freezing up after about 40 min or riding, but i removed the a/c filter that was filthy!! and it hasn't messed up since, but i'm planning on checking the refridgerant press.... ( how would all those leaves(yes leaves) and dirt get inside the a/c all the way up to the filter??) My next step- I can't figure out how the heck to replace the speakers in my PA to save my life ( do i have to take the door panel off, do i remove the back seat to get to the rear speakers( how do i take the rear seat out?) Does n e one know How much power the stock head unit feed to the speakers, any stock amp? also my fuel gauge acts up- and i was reading some posts about it being a sensor, where can i get it? The car also knocks a little bit when you hit the gas abruptly..? And it shifts perfectly smooth at about 2k RPM, but not so smooth at about 3k RPM and above- is this normal? The tube leading from my air filter box under the hood to the engine is cracked along where it meets w/ the engine, but it doesn't appear that any air can escape- is this a prob? where can I get one of these?
-thanks

kmax1
11-08-2006, 08:00 AM
To remove door front door panels...there are three things...

1) Pry the light assembly out...there will be a screw
2) Take the circulur defroster trim piece out. (a pain)
3) In the top of the arm rest, you'll see a small trim piece with a notch in it. Pry it out and you'll find a screw.

Once those are out you lift up the door panel (as in towards the sky). There are hooks on the panel, it is not help in with push pins.

The fuel sender is part of the fuel pump assembly. In other words, more trouble then it is worth. I tried in vain to just get the sender but you can't.

bigsky
11-10-2006, 02:23 AM
To remove door front door panels...there are three things...

1) Pry the light assembly out...there will be a screw
2) Take the circulur defroster trim piece out. (a pain)
3) In the top of the arm rest, you'll see a small trim piece with a notch in it. Pry it out and you'll find a screw.

Once those are out you lift up the door panel (as in towards the sky). There are hooks on the panel, it is not help in with push pins.

The fuel sender is part of the fuel pump assembly. In other words, more trouble then it is worth. I tried in vain to just get the sender but you can't.

Concerning #2 above...look inside the circular defroster trim...my 97 had a plastic pin in there that needs to be pulled out. The only way I could get a hold of it was the break the head off...careful not to break the pin. Actually, in trying to get hold of it, the head sort of flattened out (it's plastic!). The pin protrudes out and has a build in plastic washer part way down so no need for the head.

Add your comment to this topic!