Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vannette electric side door

RODALCO
11-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I like to share my following intermittend problem with our Nissan Vannette van.
Year 1991. Done 160000 kms, diesel and very reliable.

Since a while when the sliding side door gets closed the winding motor which closes the door properly sometimes doesn't work and other times does.
I traced the wiring and there doesn't appear to be any visible fault in it.
I replaced a 10 amp fuse but can't read the japanese on the fusebox and i'm not sure if thet was the door circuit anyway.:screwy:
The new fuse didn't blow.
The door has a 4 terminal type contact with 2 recessed and 2 outsticking contacts which push in when the door closes.
The door has 4 spring loaded type round contacts which make with the latter.
I checked with a voltmeter and there doesn't appear to be any voltage on any of these pins.
When i close the door with a good push the motor kicks in and closes the door.
I worked out that the outer 2 pins are connected to the electric lock system.
Before i take the whole door apart does anyone know if there is a hidden microswitch somewhere ??

Any help would be greatly appriciated or a copy of a electrical schema from the Vannette.

I'm an electrician by trade on 230 / 400 and 11000 / 33000 Volts systems so i know the basics of fault finding, but cars can be a pain sometimes with difficult to access area's and connectors which may be out of sight.

Kind regards and awaiting your reply

Raymond

Titirangi, Auckland , New Zealand

Broke_as_****
11-07-2006, 10:31 PM
If it takes a shove to close it, is there any resistance to you pushing it, as if there was something stuck in the slide rail or if the rail was binding at some point? If so I would think the slide rail is your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!