Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

drifting can crack bumper?

airforceone451
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I heard that drifting can crack your bumper. I personally don't think it's true unless you have too much strain on the front bumper but idk...

Broke_as_****
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
What the hell?

Sure, drifting is terrible for your bumper. An OEM bumper will only last a few hundred miles of drifting but an aftermarket one will be fine. Or get the JDM bumper because, like all JDM parts, it was built to drift.

Unless you wreck into something I think the bumper is going to be the least of your worries. I don't see any possible way the bumper could be in danger unless your car got wrecked at some point and the chassis is damaged, allowing for huge, extreme amounts of chassis flex. Then, just maybe, you might break a bumper support mount or split the plastic cover.

slideways...
11-06-2006, 02:39 PM
this is the stress drifting puts on bumpers
https://www.d1gp.com/images/driftgal/nagata-s14.jpg

i mean look at that. this car is so sideways its bumper mustve shattered and is totally gone. most of the best drifters use steel rods welded to the inside of the bumper cover for reinforcement.

wow. id never in a million years think i was going to read this message...
im totally speechless.

airforceone451
11-06-2006, 04:11 PM
.................................................. ................................................
.................................................. ................................................
.................................................. .................................................

i know im retarded.....................

alphalanos
11-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Where did you hear that?

S13Driftfiend
11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
hitting walls, other competitors (in tandems) etc will cause damage, but not from the body flexing

airforceone451
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Where did you hear that?

some topic in drifting.com

lolololololololololololol

yeah i was pretty sure that wasn't true unless your bumper was made out of ....paper.

SHIFT_KA24DE
11-08-2006, 01:24 AM
oh no, of course... you gotta get reinforced carbon bumpers to prevent fracture from high wind velocities when sliding at 200+ mph.

S13Driftfiend
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
some topic in drifting.com

sureeeeee :eek7:

Chuki_breath
11-08-2006, 06:50 PM
wtf hell?

Actual drifting wont crack your bumper unless you maybe mold it to the car, but then the actual "molded" part will just crack, not the bumper itself. Now when you go drifting and hit the curb.....your bumper will crack.

Now my question is

I heard drifting can make your tires go bald and in some cases pop. Is this true??

S13Driftfiend
11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I heard drifting can make your tires go bald and in some cases pop. Is this true??

yes, highly possible, thats why you get carbon fiber tires. they last forever, dont wear, and they look JDM TYTE YO

jon@af
11-08-2006, 09:42 PM
oh no, of course... you gotta get reinforced carbon bumpers to prevent fracture from high wind velocities when sliding at 200+ mph.
LOL. Hilarious.

Thread Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!