Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 PA side mirror no heat/driver seat not raising

rali5255
11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a 1999 Park Avenue with a problem of no heat to my side mirror when defogger on. Note the side mirror is power heated.

Also driver seat not raising.

Front and Rear defogger working well. Just can't get the side mirror to defog.

Also, my power seats work well forward/backword, headrest BUT not raising. The passenger side is O.K. When the switch is activated, you hear the motor working but no movement.

Can anyone help if you had similar problems......

NWPA
11-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Look back at a 01 PA defog/seat thread that ended 10/18. It seems like many PA owners have problems with the power seats. Good luck.

NWPA
11-09-2006, 12:22 AM
My seat rack went in today. Everything is back working, except the new part was missing the electrical connection for the seat belt raise/lower.

After going through this, we really should try to find a source for these motors. Even the factory service manual describes the motor replacement procedure, but I couldn't find a parts source.

LeapFrog777
11-09-2006, 09:21 AM
My seat rack went in today. Everything is back working, except the new part was missing the electrical connection for the seat belt raise/lower.

After going through this, we really should try to find a source for these motors. Even the factory service manual describes the motor replacement procedure, but I couldn't find a parts source.

Not sure of your meaning that "my seat rack went in today". Did you just replace the seat rack? Anyway I had a drivers side seat rack replaced two months ago and the seat belt raise/lower switch did not work after the dealer fixed the seat. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed the problem right away. They had to run two wires from the raise/lower plug to the wire harness under the seat.

I agree that we should find a sorce for these motors. I made the dumb mistake of not asking the dealer for the old seat rack. Would of been nice to have the old rack for parts.

NWPA
11-09-2006, 10:49 AM
The seat rack that was installed was new part #88993288 from GMPartsDirect. It is the entire power seat rack/adjuster assembly.

Two motors raise and lower the seat, one for the front and one for the rear. A gear inside the motor housing failed on both motors, the actual electric motors work fine. I did save my old rack and would like to find new motors. If we could find new motors, we could help save many PA owners some significant repair money.

artmeska
06-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Been looking for this motor for my 1999 PAU for a while. Recently found out at Buick dealership that it's so called Actuator Motor, Pt.# 12525333, and they're selling it for $265.90 (also available from GMPartsDirect for approx. $180 w/shipping). After reading on all these troubles finding it, it's still hard to believe it's the right part (although dealer said it's vertical movement seat adjuster motor). Could anyone please check this info out and confirm if it's correct? Thank you

BNaylor
06-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Been looking for this motor for my 1999 PAU for a while. Recently found out at Buick dealership that it's so called Actuator Motor, Pt.# 12525333, and they're selling it for $265.90 (also available from GMPartsDirect for approx. $180 w/shipping). After reading on all these troubles finding it, it's still hard to believe it's the right part (although dealer said it's vertical movement seat adjuster motor). Could anyone please check this info out and confirm if it's correct? Thank you

Please check the date and do not resurrect old threads. Guidelines for posting and age of threads is posted at the top of this forum. Thread closed.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=635164

Add your comment to this topic!