Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 jimmy ses lite

cos69moe
11-04-2006, 08:30 AM
OBDII showed faulty o2 sensor bank1 sensor 3 replaced runs better had ses light erased twice keeps coming on after a while had obd checked again shows same sensor code part is brand new 1 day old. Any ideas

Thanks mike

Sergeia
11-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Did you erased old troble code?If not it will come back .If you did .I replaced my O2 sensor year ago with BOSH ,had same proble BOSH sensor was bad .Advance Auto Parts exchanged it for me .It is bad again now was working 1 year for me .If you have BOSH ,I sugest you buy different brand .

MT-2500
11-04-2006, 09:04 AM
OBDII showed faulty o2 sensor bank1 sensor 3 replaced runs better had ses light erased twice keeps coming on after a while had obd checked again shows same sensor code part is brand new 1 day old. Any ideas

Thanks mike

Need more info here.
Tips on getting a good answer to your questions.
People trying to answer your question do not have a crystal ball.
So give them all of the info you have like year make and model and engine and transmission and mileage.
Also cars engine and transmission service history or any recent repairs or problems.
Also a description of your problem and what it is doing or not doing.
If you have codes give up the code no.
And remember a code does not say replace the part but only points to the problem that you have to check out.
So to better help you give up all of the info you have on it.
MT

cos69moe
11-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Need more info here.
Tips on getting a good answer to your questions.
People trying to answer your question do not have a crystal ball.
So give them all of the info you have like year make and model and engine and transmission and mileage.
Also cars engine and transmission service history or any recent repairs or problems.
Also a description of your problem and what it is doing or not doing.
If you have codes give up the code no.
And remember a code does not say replace the part but only points to the problem that you have to check out.
So to better help you give up all of the info you have on it.
MT

4.3l engine 150,000 miles never any problems till now keep impecable maintainance on jimmy just had tune -up 58 days ago and tranny flush every year and 3 month oil changes light is irratating code#p1044

MT-2500
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
4.3l engine 150,000 miles never any problems till now keep impecable maintainance on jimmy just had tune -up 58 days ago and tranny flush every year and 3 month oil changes light is irratating code#p1044

P1044 is not a good code for that engine.
Recheck the code no.
What kind of plugs did you feed it?
What kind of 02 sensor did you use?
MT

MT-2500
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM

Thanks mike

Here is the repair flow chart for code P0144.
http://members.troublecodes.net/crunch/144.pdf
But you will need a scanner to get in there and test and check and repair the code.
Let us know how it goes

cos69moe
11-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks for info all greek to me I guess its off to the shop thanks for all your help

Add your comment to this topic!