Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intrument Cluster (The thing on dash w/ all gauges)

Im3good4u
11-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Hey guys i have a 94 formula and my coolant temperature gauges is messed up along with some of my other gauges (its the gauges not the sensors).

The question is if my cluster right now only goes up to 115 mph can i put the cluster that marks all the way up to 150?

viperh
11-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey guys i have a 94 formula and my coolant temperature gauges is messed up along with some of my other gauges (its the gauges not the sensors).

The question is if my cluster right now only goes up to 115 mph can i put the cluster that marks all the way up to 150?
Yeah you can but it needs to be recalibrated. If you have electrical gauges (not sure if you do or not) its easier to do than the mechanical gauges. Sure its not a fuse or something?

-Nate

Im3good4u
11-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Ive looked at all the fuses and there all good. WHat do you mean by recalibrated? I know what the word means but how do i go about recalibrating gauges?

viperh
11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Ive looked at all the fuses and there all good. WHat do you mean by recalibrated? I know what the word means but how do i go about recalibrating gauges?

well if it is electrical (this explanation is based on simplicities sake) Lets say the speed sensor picks up the rotating mass of the gears in the tranny. That electrical signal is sent to the electrical gauge on your current gauge a 1 amp signal would show 50 MPH (guestimate) while on the 200mph gauge it would show 40 MPH. These examples are not accurate just simple to aid in the explaining process. Now if the gauges are mechanical You might be able to pull the gauge off. I'm pretty sure your gauges are electrical. unfortunatly when I was looking for 200 mph gauges for my car they were close to 300 dollars and not worth the price to me. At least untill I get my dream setup :evillol:

Im3good4u
11-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Well i need to change my gauges because my coolant temp is not working i just need to know if i could throw a different one in there (150 MPH). Now i understand what calibrating is but how the hell would i adjust that???

viperh
11-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Well i need to change my gauges because my coolant temp is not working i just need to know if i could throw a different one in there (150 MPH). Now i understand what calibrating is but how the hell would i adjust that???
Magic.... I honostly do not know how they calibrate it, Granatelli is the only place I know of that does the gauge faces and they are pretty pricey. http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/gm200mph.htm

Im3good4u
11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey man thanx alot for your help and although that link was awesome, my car is 94 so it is not electric and they wont work on it.

Since it is not electric do you think there is a chance it might not need recalibration?

Im thinking of taking a chance because there is only a 150 mph one on ebay and otherwise im going to have to spend $350 for gm to fix the one i have.

Another question a little of topic is if you know how or what i got to do to overwrite my computer to let the car go faster?

stone_mound_camaro
11-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Hey man thanx alot for your help and although that link was awesome, my car is 94 so it is not electric and they wont work on it.

Since it is not electric do you think there is a chance it might not need recalibration?

Im thinking of taking a chance because there is only a 150 mph one on ebay and otherwise im going to have to spend $350 for gm to fix the one i have.

Another question a little of topic is if you know how or what i got to do to overwrite my computer to let the car go faster?

maaaaaannn...you NEED recalibration.If you buy that 150 mph speedo, then your speed are gonna be waayy off....in other words, the numbers on a 115 mph speed are further apart than those on a 150 speedo...so when you're goin 50, the speedo is gonna say like....80 and youre gonna be pissed

Savage Messiah
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
my question is why is there a V6 guage cluster in your car?

Savage Messiah
11-16-2006, 12:01 PM
oh and BTW you need to find a guage cluster as close as possible to your car's milage, since the milage of the car is save nowhere else except for in the guage cluster

Im3good4u
11-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Plenty of formulas have the cluster that goes up to 110(Sucks ass). I dont care much about the mileage on the car as a matter of fact the one i bought says 80k wich makes my car look newer (lol)...And it seems to me that i dont need recalibration ive already installed the cluster and i was on the phone next to a friends car and my speed was correct.

Add your comment to this topic!