Does 2001 Grand Am Have Horn Fuse?

Ron1979
11-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know if the 2001 has a horn fuse? I need to disable the horn so I can drive it to a body shop. Right now i just have the negative battery cable off. Thanks!

Ron1979
11-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Ok...I see that it has a fuse, and a relay under the hood (according to the manual). Now im not very mechanically skilled here, but do I need to remove both to stop the horn from working temporarily until I get it to the shop? Or, if i just pull the small fuse and leave the relay in will that work? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, it probably is......but bear with me please.

gmack221
11-03-2006, 03:39 PM
should just be able to pull the fuse, but it may disable more things (like the radio). Or you can unplug the horns themseves if you can find them (should be 2 usually somewhere near the grille or in the fenders.

xeroinfinity
11-03-2006, 06:53 PM
thiers a fuse under the hood thats marked "horn" its only for that and will kill the horn. Those relays can be a pita to pull out.

boug0752
11-03-2006, 06:59 PM
You should only have to remove the fuse within the fuse panel inside the vehicle. This should temporarily disable the horn just as you please. You and FYI, you will most likely get a check engine light because you have removed a safety feature from the vehicle. Just as long as you know this you should be fine.

Better get it fixed soon so you can honk as your flying by all those imports...:grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!