Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

repainting car

wufpak18
11-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Due to a stupid mistake on my part, looking down to check the time, i have to repair my hood and replace the front bumper. the rest of my car needs minor body work and repainting which is probably what i'll do. i want to stay white and have black accents on the car. i was thinking, what do ya'll think about having some flake put in it. i am thinking like a pearl white flake and then black flake accents. i thinking like two strips that originate just after the ram air holes and carry to the back of the car. i think the white and black will like sick when i recover to put some black z06 wheels on it. What do ya'll think about that paint and accent idea? Any more ideas, all will be considered. i just want the car to look mean. thanks
Blake

blindeyed
11-02-2006, 11:30 PM
* Moved to the Exterior/Interior/Appearance sub-forum *

Please use the sub-forums.. k thx.

wrightz28
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I've seen the type paint you describe on a 88 Caprice. Since it was a big boxy car it gave it charachter, I'm not sure tho about on a rounder f-body tho. It gave it a real nice chameleon, mother of pearl sort of look.

wufpak18
11-03-2006, 01:41 PM
after sleeping on it i'm having second thoughts for that on a f-body also. do you think it would lok better with just the pearl white or with the factory white and black stripes.

88camaroproject
11-14-2006, 06:36 PM
just pearl white with the nice glossy black stripes...no flake

wufpak18
11-20-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah thats what i decided on, I'm getting it done pretty soon and them some black zo6 wheels with the polished lip and the windows tinted out. I think it will be looking right, then i'll move on to long tubes, etc..

Add your comment to this topic!