Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jammed Choke At Start

Katyg
11-02-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi

We recently purchased a 1998 1.2 clio for our daughter. It was driving OK when we purchased it two weeks ago. It has not been used for two weeks while we arranged tax and insurance. Yesterday when we tried to start it the battery was flat but this was OK after charge. Unfortunately we now have a problem with the choke jamming on and the car staying in high revs after starting. It would appear that there is some problem with a sensor relating to the cold weather. Can anyone advise?

trevpol
11-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Hi

We recently purchased a 1998 1.2 clio for our daughter. It was driving OK when we purchased it two weeks ago. It has not been used for two weeks while we arranged tax and insurance. Yesterday when we tried to start it the battery was flat but this was OK after charge. Unfortunately we now have a problem with the choke jamming on and the car staying in high revs after starting. It would appear that there is some problem with a sensor relating to the cold weather. Can anyone advise?

From Trevor, We have similar problem with my daughters car. Did you have a result please.

trevpol
11-06-2006, 04:37 AM
From Trevor, we have similar problem with car bought for Daughter Fed 1999 Clio. Did you get a result please.

gonzodavies
03-13-2012, 02:34 AM
hi,
i also have a clio 2000 1.2 and when i started car this morning it didnt stop revving like the gas pedal was stuck to the floor but your right it could be choke stuck in...HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF THE FAULT PLEASEEE...HELP

Add your comment to this topic!