streetfiremk
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
i need an airbag wiring diagram, asap

its a 2002 ford taurus se

thanks

streetfiremk
11-01-2006, 09:05 PM
anyone??

i think i snipped one of the wires when i was in the dash, and i dont know what wire goes to what

haynes and chiltons dont have a diagram for it

shorod
11-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Can you be a bit more specific? There is more than one diagram for the airbag/SRS system. Is it near a connector? Was it wrapped in red/orange tape or split loom tubing? Why do you suspect it's for the SRS system?

I have the service manual for 2002, but I'm not going to post them all. If you'd like to provide more specifics, I can e-mail the diagram to you. Send me a private message with an e-mail for you that can accept attachments along with the specific request.

-Rod

streetfiremk
11-02-2006, 12:28 AM
well i have an update, i still need the diagram, but my light flashes code 51 which is the internal monitor thermal fuse, i guess its gotta be replaced or something

i guess i need to know where it is and what it looks like to be able to test it

shorod
11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
well i have an update, i still need the diagram, but my light flashes code 51 which is the internal monitor thermal fuse, i guess its gotta be replaced or something

i guess i need to know where it is and what it looks like to be able to test it

Keep in mind that the air bags are powerful, explosive devices. If you aren't sure what you're doing, you really shouldn't mess with the SRS.

That being disclaimed, my factory service manual for the 2002 Ford Taurus shows that a Lamp Fault Code (LFC) of code 51 indicates an issue with the driver's seat belt buckle switch circuit. However, just for grins, I checked an LFC of 51 against the factory service manual for 1995 and that shows LFC 51 = airbag monitor thermal fuse blown due to short to battery or ground. :uhoh:

Per the 2002 service manual, the Restraints Control Module (RCM) is mounted on the center tunnel under the instrument panel.

-Rod

streetfiremk
11-03-2006, 11:25 AM
so does that mean that there is no power/signal getting to the seatbelt switch?

MT-2500
11-03-2006, 12:46 PM
so does that mean that there is no power/signal getting to the seatbelt switch?

If you are going to get into it here is some good repair info and the wiring diagrams.
Plus the repair flow chart for that code.
One year online sub to all data 24.95$ a year
http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html
But be careful air bags can kill or save your life in a split second.
Just like a loaded gun.
Unless you are trained in working on them they are best left to a pro that is.
Good Luck
MT

Add your comment to this topic!