Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My cars story..........

Ralliart 3000gt
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
I finally know some solid info about my cars history:

I rang Ralliart NZ, and talked to Ron McMillan. The guy who built the car.

It was originally the second GTO sold new in NZ, so had a long history with Mitsubishi Ralliart,

It was never turned into a race car because it weighs around 1600kgs, and boiled the brake fluid after only 10 laps of Pukekohe (local track). So there was never a cage etc fitted to it.

Originally the car was lightly moded by Ralliart (Rod McMillan), with just the Piggy backs that you see in the glove compartment and Clutch (BPU mods) for the Cannon ball run in northern Australia, The car did not complete the event due to blowing a head caskets partially due to the extreme heat over there. After failing to complete the event it was stolen from a freight container where it was chased by the cops (with blown head gasket lol) before it crashed into a fence.

It was then returned to Rod McMillan in NZ for a total overhaul, it was stripped and turned into its current form, they bought in a Wrecked second gen 3000gt from the states and replaced both 1st gen motor and gear box with that from the wrecked second gen, gave the car a complete face lift and then started on some serious mods (Well serious back in 95) Mods included Forged Pistons, steal head gasgets, big end conrod bolts, steal rods, ported heads free flow exhaust, and Ferrari Testostera (sp) brakes/F40 disks and pads, car also had Ibarch springs installed all around and stand alone Autronic ECU. Also had the heads/Turbo/Manifolds sent to the stats for porting and etc among other mods………………………. Car has since had a 97 face lift. Last tune was in 99 where it was making 450hp on pump, 520hp on race…………………………

TorchedStealth
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Thats cool that you found out the whole story. I wonder how much damage was done when it hit the fence and how many miles are on the enigine and tranny you have now.

AutostradaVR4
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
good shit man. Glad to hear you finally found out about your beast. Did he mention any specs on your turbos? PSI to redline? I know in the other thread that it was mentioned that they were custom built, just wonder if he had any more info on them.

Ralliart 3000gt
11-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I only got to speek with him for about 15min, yea I asked him what turbo's, he just told me the stockers were sent to the States to be cutome built. He told me the car was pushing 20psi to redline, he told me he wasn't sure but as far as he could recall they maxed out at 23-24psi to redline.

Add your comment to this topic!