97 dodge ram error code p0132

mjamesp
10-31-2006, 01:48 AM
I've got an 97 Ram, 4x4, manuel trans, 5.2. It sometimes dies while driving, and sometimes backfires. It used to give error code p0304, misfire in cylinder 4. I changed plugs, wires, and new distributor cap. The code came back 2 times after that. But the truck didnt seem to ever run bad. Now with the new code p0132 it runs bad. I'm guessing its an oxygen sensor but which one? Any ideas would help me out.
thanks
mike

Chris Stewart
10-31-2006, 03:45 AM
P0132 1/1 O2 Sensor Shorted To Voltage
Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range.

Check the wires on either of the O2 sensors before the cat.
Maybe one of the Pro's will chime in.

HeavyJ
11-03-2006, 08:35 PM
If you havent gotten it fixed yet, you need a scanner that can monitor the o2 sensors live data and it will show which one is most likely shorted. code shows its one of the upstream sensors.

mjamesp
11-04-2006, 12:01 AM
By upstream do you mean engine side of the cat? Also I can only find 2 oxygen sensors, 1 right in front od the cat and another right behind it. Where are the other oxygen sensors located? I traced the exhaust pipes all the way up to the manifolds and could not find any other sensors.
thanks
Mike

HeavyJ
11-05-2006, 03:45 AM
Upstream sensors are infront of the cat toward the engine. yes you have 2, I may have said upstream sensorS, thinking of later models. most likely you have a bad o2 sensor. before you replace it, check the connector plug, sometimes they get corroded and the signal gets weak or nonexistent, or for frayed wires.

Add your comment to this topic!