Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Being Lucky

Caprice 9C1
09-10-2002, 01:12 PM
I just had to share this with someone. After months of searching the internet I actually found someone willing to part with a Tamiya Mazda 787B, Jaguar XJR-9LM, and the Sauber Mercedes C9. Three great kits that have been out of production for at least 4 years. And here's the best part: I only paid 45 dollars for all three! I almost want to set aside the Toyota GT1 that I have 80% complete, and rip into that Mazda.

...must be patient and keep hands steady.....

Ahh that's better,

Thanks,
Michael

bibendumz
09-10-2002, 01:21 PM
well Michael, you are indeed very lucky. Congrats.

Poor me, i wish that someone is so kind enough to sell me a box of Revell Honda Integra Type R kit to me because it is unavailable in my country Singapore.

lotus_man
09-10-2002, 04:00 PM
I'm building the XJR-9 at the moment it's a good kit, just trying to source some Silk Cut decals as the kit is missing them. Also have the Sauber C9 to build at some point.

Do you have original release kits, or the re-pops that Tamiya did a couple of years back?

daggerlee
09-10-2002, 06:16 PM
I managed to find a 787B online for about $24 at a store nobody's heard about, but congratulations on your find! Real steal!

Caprice 9C1
09-10-2002, 07:29 PM
Waiting for them to arrive in the mail, but I've been told that they are the originals in sealed packages. We'll see. But even if they are the re-releases, I won't be too disappointed.

Thanks,
Michael

hirofkd
09-11-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Caprice 9C1
Waiting for them to arrive in the mail, but I've been told that they are the originals in sealed packages. We'll see. But even if they are the re-releases, I won't be too disappointed.

Thanks,
Michael

You can tell by the four digit numbers next to the item number. I think Tamiya raised the price of those from 1300 yen to 1500 yen. And if I remember correctly, the first batch of the Jaguar kit had Silk Cut decal, but the reissue didn't.

erix7
09-11-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by lotus_man
I'm building the XJR-9 at the moment it's a good kit, just trying to source some Silk Cut decals as the kit is missing them. Also have the Sauber C9 to build at some point.

Do you have original release kits, or the re-pops that Tamiya did a couple of years back?

Both Studio 27 and Museum Collection did "Silk Cut" decals for the XJR-9, the only catch is that both sets are OOP :(

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?MCLDC-34
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?S27DC225

I think you're actually better off with the Tamiya rereleases than with the original kits.
The decals of the new releases are better protected and in better shape than those in 10+yr old kits.

HTH,
-- Eric.

Add your comment to this topic!