Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Asking help on Buying 93 RX-7....

scottsee
10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm getting bored of the DSM tuning thing, I'm ready to put my 96 gsx in the garrage and buy somthing new. I've been hunting pretty hard for a good clean 91-93 Acura NSX but everything good for under 20,000 is a LONG way away.

I was talking with a friend who is in the Hospitle keeping him company when he told me of an old friend of his that is selling his 93 RX-7 for some $$ to move on like I am to a diffrent project. He seems to know this car personaly, driven and worked on it. He seems to think its the deal sence sliced bread. unfortionitly I'm so narrow minded twords DSM's I don't know much about these things.

The car has been explaned to me as: 81,000 mile 1993 Mazda RX-7 Turing., twin-turbo converted to single t04b 60-1 1.15 exhaust a/r with Atkins Raceported Engine 3mm apex seals, Apexi PFC w/commander/datalogit, HKS SSVQ, 3"DP, 3" MP, Apexi GT-SPEC Catback, race built tranny with ACT 2900 S/S PP, 6 puck disc, UR Underdrive Pulleys, UR 9.5 lb Flywheel, Cosmo 20b fuel pump and larger (unknown) injectors.

My buddy said the guy did a compression test on the engine and one of the seals has 0 compression. But the car still halls ass. I don't know how thats possable but thats not the point. The point is I would need to have the rotory sent off to get rebuilt.

Questions:

He said I could have it for $7000. Is that to much for this car with 0 compression on one seal/section whatever?
What does a rotory engine like that cost to rebuild?

My friend is trying to dig up some videos of this car, and a better list of mods but he's in the hospitile and the guy's in jail so It's not like it's going to be tonight... Thoughts?

scottsee
10-30-2006, 08:48 PM
http://www.spokanespeed.net/attachment.php?aid=60
http://www.spokanespeed.net/attachment.php?aid=61

L-Spec
10-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Nice car, but as they always say: You get what you pay for. Rebuilds costs about $3000-$4000 (CAN) where I'm from. Personally, with those kind of mods, I would buy that damn thing, get the rebuild, and have a really badass car. Single conversion? Better be a T-51R SPL haha jk. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun after the rebuild. Hopefully, someone from the States can tell you a good price as RX7's go for quite the pretty penny here.

drftk1d
10-31-2006, 09:37 PM
^t51, youre nuts.

looks like the car is fucking clean, 7k is pretty good, seeing as cars like that go for 15k and up.

I got my motor rebuilt and ported for $1800, try to find someone who does good work but also can give you a deal
or you could put a V8

scottsee
10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Well, I just need to get on the phone with Atkins motorsports and see what it will cost to rebuild the engine. I'm leaning away from a $7000 (regaurdless of value) car that needs 3-5k just to get it running... I havn't made up my mind...

Add your comment to this topic!