Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help ASAP... Something went Terribly Wrong...

Mikelb
10-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Ok, as most of you know, I've been in the process of getting the Talon back on the road (after the tranny grenaded). Well, I replaced the driver's side window regulator (the cable snapped) and the passenger side window (some a-hole stole my CD player). My battery is almost completely dead, but I hooked my car up to my mom's van, like I were going to jump it.

The problem is, my windows won't roll up. I have no interior lights, no head lights, no brake lights, no lights in the car whatsoever. My gauges are wired into the fuse box, and they come on. My fan is wired around the relay, so it comes on. But everything else is dark. My AFC will come on. Oh, and the fuel pump doesn't even kick in.

Now, the car's condition. The motor isn't completely together. The fuel rails are in place, but not tightened down (just in place to keep fuel from spraying in compartment). The intake manifold isn't grounded. The trans ground is hanging.

I really don't know what's wrong, but I wanna roll the windows up... Any ideas?

l_eclipse_l
10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
I would think you blew a major fuse somewhere. Check all the fuses in the cluster in the engine bay and the little cluster under the dash on the driver side.

Mikelb
10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
already checked fuses... I had blown a 10amp fuse, but replaced it to no avail...

I don't have a fusebox cover for the box under the dash, so I just pulled every fuse in there and checked them one by one...

And I checked the ones under the hood... not even a bad fusible link...

and my Water, oil, CEL lights come on, just no illumination... (wait, I just thought a/b it, w/no stereo; could that cause my problem???)

Mikelb
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
Damn I feel fuckin' stupid...
I figured out the problem...

Apparently, I only had two of my battery + wires connected to the battery...
I found the third last night and touched it to the terminal and all the lights came on and the door buzzer... I was like damn...

Good news... Most of my motor and wiring is back together...

Add your comment to this topic!