Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No sound at all after installing speakers. help!

soonercntry
10-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I've got a 2002 GMC Sierra Reg Cab truck. I recently purchased some Polk Momo 4x6 plates to replace the rear stock speakers. I installed them today (that was a pain) and now I don't have any sound coming from any speakers. Everything else, including the head unit is stock. Head unit and door speakers are being replace shortly, but I still want sound for now if possible.

soonercntry
10-29-2006, 08:25 PM
More info......

The head unit lights up and acts like it's doing something. I can hear the cd's spinning too.

vinnym86
10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
are the stock speaks playing, atleast? or no sound out of any speakers at all?
edit: sry, just read second post, stupid question.

you may have a loose connection. recheck your wiring.

PaulD
10-30-2006, 09:39 AM
if you just replaced the rear speakers, and now all 4 don't play - you may have shorted one of them out, which will put the amp in protect mode or blow some kinda fuse.

soonercntry
10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
are the stock speaks playing, atleast? or no sound out of any speakers at all?
edit: sry, just read second post, stupid question.

you may have a loose connection. recheck your wiring.

There's no sound out of any speakers at all. My head unit had been acting up from time to time whenever I would put a CD in it or switch from Radio to CD mode. It would read the CD for 30 seconds to 3 minutes before sound would come out of the speakers.

soonercntry
10-30-2006, 03:47 PM
if you just replaced the rear speakers, and now all 4 don't play - you may have shorted one of them out, which will put the amp in protect mode or blow some kinda fuse.

I'm not sure that there was a factory amp in my GMC. I'm pretty sure that there is probably not. I should check the fuse box though. Thanks for the common sense approach; I'm probably trying to think too hard when the answer is right in front of me.

I'll update in a few minutes on the fuses.

PaulD
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
ohhh ... I was referrin to the "built in" amp in the factory headunit

PaulD
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
If you say it has been getting progressively worse, it may be something "dirty" inside the headunit.

Add your comment to this topic!