Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil Filter for 2.2 L

Rolm
10-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Change the oil on my daughter 03 2.2L Cavalier and to my surprise I could not find the oil filter, after a few minutes I noticed a large plastic cover that looked like it would contain an oil filter sure enough that was it. Next question when I but this filter will it come complete with the cover or is there a way to just unhook the filter element. I have never seen this on an American car.

BNaylor
10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Rolm,

This is the Grand Am forum. AF has a Cavalier forum. Therefore, you should have posted this thread at Cavalier. You have been warned about this in the past.

Thread has been moved to Cavalier Problem Diagnosis.

millrtime
10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
just unscrew the plastic cover and with it will come the filter. all you have to do it pull the filter away from the top and snap the new one back on. easy as pie but im pretty sure u have to remove the s-section of the air intake to get clearance to remove it.

bcar02
02-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Change the oil on my daughter 03 2.2L Cavalier and to my surprise I could not find the oil filter, after a few minutes I noticed a large plastic cover that looked like it would contain an oil filter sure enough that was it. Next question when I but this filter will it come complete with the cover or is there a way to just unhook the filter element. I have never seen this on an American car.

I have a 2004 Cavalier, I change my Oil & filter, It takes a 1 ¼ socket to remove this Plastic Cap. Then the filter is removed when you remove the plastic cap.

billyboy128
03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
:screwy: Rolm,

This is the Grand Am forum. AF has a Cavalier forum. Therefore, you should have posted this thread at Cavalier. You have been warned about this in the past.

Thread has been moved to Cavalier Problem Diagnosis.

Add your comment to this topic!