Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 plymouth voyager won't start

dkgriffin99
10-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I have a 1992 plymouth voyager 3.0L. It cranks when trying to start it, but won't turn over. Tried replacing the relays, but that didnt work. Tested the wire to the fuel pump and their is no power, but the relay says it's good. Don't know what to check to fix the problem.

coalminer
10-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Here are a couple of things for you to check, does the check engine light come on when you turn the ignition on?

If so, are you getting spark?

If yes to both, then concentrate on fuel, you said there was no power to the pump, was that when you were trying to crank it or just with the ignition on? That circuit will only have power for 2 to 3 seconds when you turn the ignition on, unless you are cranking it, and then it should have power.

There is a fuse for the fuel pump circuit and for that year I belive it is under the dash in the main fuse box. There is also an ignition fuse, but if you are getting spark, that fuse should be ok.

If you find that you are getting power to the pump but you cant hear it, take your hand and pound on the bottom of the fuel tank and then try to start it, if it starts, then replace the pump.

papiichuulo
11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I have a '93 model with a 3.0 that wont start. Turns over but no go. Fuel pump is coming on, it can be heard under and inside the van. I am not getting any spark though. I checked power to the coil with a test light, no power. Any suggestions? Is there a fuse on this model that the chilton manual didn't show me on the wiring diagrams?? Thanks in advance for the help. L8RS!!

Add your comment to this topic!