Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Traction Off??..

T_MaK_510
10-29-2006, 09:10 AM
What up Guys!.. i have a 94 lesabre and everytime i turn on my car... the traction off light comes on and doesnt go away.. any1 ever dealt with that problem??..

also when i turn my car on the change oil soon light comes on and goes away within a minute.. i change my oil every 3000 miles.. any1 know whats causing it 2 go off??..

maxwedge
10-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Reset the oil change lite by stepping on the gas pedal to the floor 3x, key on, not running. Traction off can be a abs problem which woould have to be scanned with an abs function scanner. Not completely familair with this car, is there a seperate on off switch for the traction control, maybe on the end of the shift lever?

LeSabre97mint
10-29-2006, 10:00 AM
T Mak

My 97 has a reset for the oil change light in the glove box. However, I have never ran my oil til the light comes on.

As for the traction control....(again using my 97 as an example) when I turn mine off it will be back on when I start the engine again. Like Maxwedg said, get it scaned. Call around to some of the smaller shops. I found one that was able to scan ABS and hopfully traction control

Regards

Dan

T_MaK_510
10-29-2006, 11:24 AM
good looking out guys.. i have a traction control switch on my left side.. but when it hit it it doesnt do nothing.. imma have to take it to the shop thanks for the help!

Add your comment to this topic!