Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

51 Ford pickup

sketches_of_b
10-29-2006, 03:51 AM
Hey, long time no see! I just finished this truck.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5950/fordtruckbt7.jpg

Thanks, B

GirlBear
10-29-2006, 04:54 AM
very nice! im tryin 2 better my color skillz. looks as tho u have it well in hand.

gbritnell
10-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Hi B, nice pickup. The proportion look great. One thing I would do with this one is add just a little blue to the whitest highlight areas to show a reflected sky. I know that you could have an overcast day where there is no blue showing but it just adds a little variety into the work. On your next piece watch your perspective just a little. Everything below your eye level goes up and everything above your eye level goes down. I am refering to the front end of the truck. The bumper is correct but the grill angle goes the other way and it's still below your eye level so it should follow the bumper but just a little less so. The horizon line in this piece would be up around the top of the hood at the bottom of the windshield line and then anything above that would go down toward the horizon line.
gbitnell

americanmuscle66
10-29-2006, 07:51 AM
that is one awesome looking truck! great reflections and porportions!

sketches_of_b
10-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the comments!

GBear: This color was crazy hard to do. The original truck is a cranberry/plum. There are probably 5 different colors I blended to get it close. Had to keep working em to get it...arghhhh, too purple...arghhhhh, too red...:banghead: Situations like that I wanna do nothing but graphite drawings... But that's the challenge, and the reward when you finally get it right!

gbritnell: Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely keep that perspective rule in mind for the next one. BTW, I do have a light blue on the hightlites and grille reflections, but my camera didn't catch it. Next time I gotta try scanning them...

stuffbyalex
10-29-2006, 06:54 PM
ohh she's a beauty! ;). Great job with the color and all the intricate details in the chrome. Red's not the easiest color to blend.

Alex

Digitor
10-30-2006, 04:51 AM
Wow! I like your rendering style, it's vey cool:grinyes::smokin:

SieG
10-30-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah another good job. Do you only draw fords? :)

I agree about the blue, its (blue) also very useful on the chrome parts

Add your comment to this topic!