Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 Legacy hesitation - any ideas?

woodjt1
10-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I have an 02 Legacy that is hesitating BADLY when you stomp on it from a dead stop, and the exhaust smells like rotten eggs. I bought it wrecked 3 years ago at auction, but hadn't had time to fix it until earlier this summer. I've done everything I can think of, but the hesitation is getting progressively worse. I even bought a $300 OBD2 code scanner and it tells me everything's fine. Anybody got any ideas?

jsg911
11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Take a look a your battery ,but don't touch it . The smell of eggs maybe comes from acid that is getting out of your battery . This may be caused by a faulty alternator ( giving to much current ).

sha_zapple
11-18-2006, 01:40 AM
usually the smell of rotten eggs means your cats are gone.

How many miles have you put on it since you fixed it? Maybe its just a bad tank of gas or some old gas went bad in the system.

id check all the normal maintenance items. www.subaru.com has a schedule for your car. Id try new air and fuel filters since its been sitting so long. After that Id start looking at plugs,. wires, and sensors.

himie298
02-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Has it lost power too? If so check your cat. Get a new gasket and disconnedt your exaust ahead of the cat. usually at the head. put in ear plugs and try it. if its ok get a new cat your old one is pluged.

mr_tw
04-17-2007, 12:21 AM
my vote goes to the cat, the rotten egg smell is a classic clogged cat and the lack of exhaust flow could cause hesitation

sirius1212
07-02-2007, 10:30 AM
ummmmm....... i found this an interesting question, but got lost in the answers. My cat is safe

Add your comment to this topic!