Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical Problems.... Again.

Orion2247
10-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok, ever since I got the car a few months ago it's been having some electrical problems. It had dimming lights, and sometimes all electrical accesories were shut off temporarily. Yesterday, I left my lights on while I was at school and I got a jump to start the car. The next day, when I opened the door to open the hood to get my battery, my alarm went off and I couldnt turn it off until i shut all the doors. After I replaced the battery, the alarm wouldn't let me start the car. I found the speaker and it's a DEI 514N. It may have something to do with a switch inside the car. The switch doesnt seem to have any effect on the alarm. Does anyone have any ideas on how to disable it?

ikeyballz
10-29-2006, 01:47 AM
so basically you think the alarm is causing your car to not start? maybe its not synched up with the car..

Orion2247
10-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I found out that when the alarm stopped getting power, It armed itself again when it got power. I found a small reset button tucked under the dash that had to be pressed in conjuction with the key in the ingnition.

Add your comment to this topic!