Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuel smell from exhaust Merecedes 420

tenn_boy_21
10-28-2006, 01:26 AM
I have a 1991 mercedes 420 sel just put new plugs and wires in. Now I smell raw fuel when ideling I have checked for gas leaks and cant find any, the smell is the same at all times never more or less that i can tell. i have not noticed any smoke and it idels good exept for every 5 to 9 sec it seems to misse I can feel it but the rpms never move when it does it. The oil preasre hand jumps and the gas hand Jumps, car still drives good. I cant figure it out when I let it set over night and remove the gas cap the next mourning it still has that gush soud from the pressure so i dont think its the gas cap. can anyone help me

1337cshacker
10-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Double check for leaks around the fuel injectors. I know the tubes on mine fall off the injectors sometimes, so I had to put little metal clamps on them to prevent that. Mines probably looks diffrent than yours though. It is fuel injected right? Would think so. Anyway, thats about all my noob wisdom can say.

trazique
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I've had two Mercedes that did the same one of them leaked fuel around the furl distributor. There is a module that is attatched to it...Start the car, remove your air cleaner and examine thr fuel distributor for saturation around seals and anything other modules that might be attached to the fuel distributor... hope ithat helps.

Add your comment to this topic!