Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I want this toyota truck

Nate_G
10-27-2006, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQltQ6Qzdb4

do they have these in america? i love watching top gear, and i want one of these trucks. I just turned 16 a couple months ago and i need a first car. i have almost 1000 dollars saved up, but my mom says shell go halves with me on whatever i decide to buy.

BlackGT2000
10-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah its called a tacoma here.

Nate_G
10-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah its called a tacoma here.

do they come with diesels here? i really like diesel cars. ive always loved diesels, but we tend not to put diesels in everything here like they do in europe (jetta, focus, stuff like that)

how hard would it be to put in a diesel? if i can get the engine, would i be able to just bolt it in? im pretty good with my hands, so i dont think it would be troucle if i can get my neighbor to help me. he knows a lot about cars and has lots of tools.

BlackGT2000
10-27-2006, 06:03 PM
No you can't just bolt in an engine. And no I don't think that you can legally put it in and I don't even think they were sold here in diesel. Diesel has pretty bad emissions and that is why they never really took off in the US like they did over seas. Apparently the rest of the world is turning back to regular gas anyway lately.

Nate_G
10-28-2006, 12:11 AM
thats a bummer. ive always loved diesel engines. oh well, i really like those trucks too.

Steel
11-13-2006, 10:05 PM
No you can't just bolt in an engine. And no I don't think that you can legally put it in and I don't even think they were sold here in diesel. Diesel has pretty bad emissions and that is why they never really took off in the US like they did over seas. Apparently the rest of the world is turning back to regular gas anyway lately.

Uh since when? More than half of Europes fleet is diesel, and its only getting bigger.
That and modern diesels are actually cleaner than gasoline engines (and they put out less emissions per unit volume anyway), we just need the ULSD here like in europe. Do some research before giving out bad information.

That's the problem with diesels and the U.S. Everyone thinks like this guy.:nono:

lamehonda
11-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Old school toyota pickups(like the black one in Back to the Future) are horribly expensive to purchase and have insane amounts of miles on them. For the environment diesels>hybrids.

BlackGT2000
11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Uh since when? More than half of Europes fleet is diesel, and its only getting bigger.
That and modern diesels are actually cleaner than gasoline engines (and they put out less emissions per unit volume anyway), we just need the ULSD here like in europe. Do some research before giving out bad information.

That's the problem with diesels and the U.S. Everyone thinks like this guy.:nono:

Do some research yourself. Diesel engines overseas rarely are able to pass us emissions standards, I don't know where you get it that they are cleaner than modern gas engines. Sure they are cleaner than they used to be but the emissions standards are getting higher and higher all the time, and the comparable gas motors are burning cleaner than them. I don't think gas is the answer...nor do I think diesel is the answer.

spoolinmonkey
11-18-2006, 02:35 AM
nothing lasts like a toyota!

PlayStation3
11-18-2006, 01:11 PM
personally i think nissans realibity is better

blakscorpion21
11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
^ you didnt watch the video did you?

PlayStation3
11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
what videos i watched the one on this page

blakscorpion21
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
the toyota in that video could not be destroyed. lets see you do that to a nissan.

PlayStation3
11-19-2006, 05:45 AM
that is an old truck lets see any truck do that now. and should be part 3 to see if the newer versions of the tacoma is weaker then it's 80's version

Add your comment to this topic!