Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 T/C blown something... electrical

patapen
10-27-2006, 02:52 PM
My 2 1/2 year old put some coins into the CD player. My brilliant wife and son took the radio out but did not disconnect the power. They managed to get the stuck CD out and a couple of coins but left at least one coin in. They cranked it up and you guessed it, the coin shorted out the radio and some other key parts... I need some help.

What doesnt work are the interior lights and power lock switch when the care ignition is not on. Interesting though, when I turn the car off but leave the headlights on the interior lights will work... once I turn the headlights off the interior lights die as well.

Also, the power to the radio power line doesnt have power at all.

Almost forgot... when the Autozone guy pluggged in his computer... nothing. No reading at all. Like the plug was dead.

I checked fuses... nuttin. Any suggestions I would appreciate it!

1thunder
10-27-2006, 04:04 PM
check the fuses in the power distribution center beside the battery under the hood look for the IOD fuse check that one first

vipergg
10-27-2006, 09:00 PM
yup check the IOD fuse under the hood in the PDC above the battery usually near the top of the fuse center.

patapen
10-29-2006, 08:47 PM
IOD was the problem... thanks!

What happenned was that I must have pulled the IOD fuse looking for the problem way back when I started looking for problems. When you pull that yellow fuse holder, if you dont push the fuse back in snuggly it does not seat meaning that it is not in.

I have not tried to see if the computer plug in will work yet to check my codes... I am guessing it will.

Thanks everyone for looking and responding!

Add your comment to this topic!