Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car wont start

kevin_mcquown
10-26-2006, 08:10 PM
i have a 90 eagle talon and i was driving it one day and i pressed the rear defrost and the car died had it to an eagle dealer and after $300 the only thing they could tell me is that it has an electrical problem any ideas?

Blackcrow64
10-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I'd put my money on an electrical problem then... lol

I can't see how the rear defroster switch would cause that unless its drawing so much power that it killed the ignition... Hmmm... Did you check your altenator voltage? I suppose it could be going bad...

l_eclipse_l
10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Ummm yeah...Eagle dealers don't exist anymore. Does it only die when you hit the defrost?

gthompson97
10-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Ummm yeah...Eagle dealers don't exist anymore. Does it only die when you hit the defrost?

Eagle dealers never did exist, Eagle's were sold at the Chrysler dealerships I believe. And he hit the defrost once and now the car doesn't start.

Kevin, have you checked for spark?

kevin_mcquown
10-27-2006, 01:28 PM
checked and car has spark and gets fuel...

Thor06
10-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Did the timing skip? Does it turn over?

kevin_mcquown
10-27-2006, 03:46 PM
turns over fine .. even acts like it wants to start but i just never does

mike8818
10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Mabye you have a fuel injectors clogged. Or pump going out.

Blackcrow64
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
So wait, it won't run at all now? Or only whenever you turn on the defroster still?

kevin_mcquown
10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
the car doesn't run at all now. i was at the bank drive threw and i pressed the rear defroster and the car spitted and spuddered for 2 secs and just shut off and it hasn't started since.

car got sent to a chysler dealer and they check spark and fuel and said it was good on both. clamed that there is a elctrical short somewhere in the wiring harness for the motor.

car is being sent back to my house on flat bad. they stripped the dash out looking for the short. so now after i find the short or what ever the problem is i got to put the dash back together

gthompson97
10-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't bring my car to a dealer if I had to, I just don't trust them and they rip you a new asshole evertime. Have you checked timing like Thor said?

kevin_mcquown
10-29-2006, 07:05 PM
car came back last night on a flat bed... the ass holes cut half of the wiring harness out and did other dumb stuff like cut the rubber fuel line that is located right before the fuel rail. didn;t get a chance to check the timing belt yet. i got the car back and the dash was laying in the back seat. what i think was best of all is that when they took the car it at least cranked over and now when u hit the key it just makes a click. and they broke both visors and somebody supposly not them backed into the right headlight and bent the lip on the flip up part. guess now i got a winter project.

mike8818
10-29-2006, 07:28 PM
car came back last night on a flat bed... the ass holes cut half of the wiring harness out and did other dumb stuff like cut the rubber fuel line that is located right before the fuel rail. didn;t get a chance to check the timing belt yet. i got the car back and the dash was laying in the back seat. what i think was best of all is that when they took the car it at least cranked over and now when u hit the key it just makes a click. and they broke both visors and somebody supposly not them backed into the right headlight and bent the lip on the flip up part. guess now i got a winter project.

That sucks man i never bring my cars to a dealer ors shops mostly because i dont have the money but i also dont trust them. I know alot about cars because of my dad i worked on cars with him since i was 8 mostly handing him tools but i absorbed untill i was 11 or 12 then i did stuff on my own and learned more and more.

gthompson97
10-29-2006, 07:30 PM
It came back from the DEALER like that!?!?! I would file a claim with them IMMEDIATELY, they can not do that to a customers car. If that happened to my car, I would probably run through the building with a machine gun and shoot everyone in the service department. I would definitely take action if I was you. They can diagnose problems, but cannont start work on the car without any of your consent. I'm almost mad just reading that, thinking people do that to someones car.

l_eclipse_l
10-29-2006, 07:31 PM

That dosn't seem right at all....even for a dealer lol.

Blackcrow64
10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
The dealer was way out of line here. File a claim against them immediately. Unauthorized to begin work on the vehicle and vehicle was damaged while on their property. Double whammy against them.

kevin_mcquown
10-29-2006, 07:51 PM
i know its not right. but when i brought it up about that stuff being broke they claimed that they thought i abanddend the car becasue i was away work for 6 months. was told lucky for me that they didn't decide to charge me storage.

Last year i rebuilt a 83 dodge truck from the frame and up. and i work detriot desiels at work but the 1000's of wires on this eagle confuse the hell out of me.... gues i;ll just order and new wiring harness or strip and but what they cut back together and work my way from there

gthompson97
10-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Dude, file a damn claim. They'll fill you with whatever bullshit they can to get out of their fuckups. That's NOT right at all and they should pay for everything they wrecked, and then should get something for working on your car without consent. This is the kind of shit that people shouldn't just let happen, do something about it.

P.S. Just a FYI, the engine wiring harness for my 95 rs was $780 something, so it will be expensive as hell, not to mention everything else.

kevin_mcquown
11-03-2006, 05:01 PM
finally got most of the wiring harrness put back together. car runs on ether but not with out it. i have fuel up to the fuel rail, thinking maybe injector might be cloged or a bad sensor. what do u guys think

Add your comment to this topic!