Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 LeSabre Stalling, other bizarre issues

ccassidyvt802
10-25-2006, 06:47 PM
While traveling out of state a few days ago, the car stalled in traffic. It wouldn't restart. We waited about 30 minutes and got it to start. After driving about a mile the car stalled again and wouldn't restart. We got towed to the repair shop. We replaced the ignition module, mass airflow sensor and crankshaft position sensor. We got back home, about 200 mile drive, and it died in the driveway. The bizarre thing is that when the car dies, the power locks, windows, and seats stop working, although the headlights and radio still work fine. Once we can get the car started again, those things start working again and function fine until the next time it stalls. When the car stalls, it does not chug or hesitate, it just completely turns off instantly, and then when you try to restart the car it tries to start and usually takes several tries before it turns on. The scan they did at the auto shop indicated engine misfire and some error with the EGR valve. Its strange how random these events seem, it happens at various speeds ranging from idle to 80mph. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alibi
10-25-2006, 10:49 PM
It sounds like a faulty PCM to me, or possibly a coil failing but your other electronics would work. Another possibility would be the BCM, or body control module.

NoLiMiT06
10-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey man I was having almost the same problems, here is my post read it and let me know if anything works for you. But I ended up getting a new ECM and problem solved.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=635554

Add your comment to this topic!