Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Motherf***ers f***ed up my van

tarabull
10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
2003 Grand Caravan, I was here a little while ago with an intermittent start problem. Turned out they changed the PCM and a crankshaft sensor. My odo read 54000 when they took it, now it reads 104K!!!!!! WTF??? They are telling me the computer needs to be "flashed" and that costs $300, what could they have done to fuck up my computer, and shouldn't they have to fix it???? Thanks!

RIP
10-25-2006, 03:36 PM
1thunder (a knowlegeable forum regular) might change our views but, I would have to agree. You give them your van, they change a part, the part fixes your original problem but, creates another while the van is in their care and they have the BALLS to charge you $300 to fix it! The BBB, State Attorney General, State Consumer Affairs should be in your future if the dealer or an area rep doesn't take care of this pronto. Let people know far and wide!

mishalah
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
And since altering a vehicles odometer is a federal crime with big fines attached I'd think they would be bending over hard to get it fixed ASAP!

GTP Dad
10-25-2006, 04:54 PM
The computer is part of the emissions warranty on the vehicle and should be warranted for 7 years 70K miles. Take it back and have them do the computer flash for free since it should be covered by the warranty. If this is a Chrysler dealership then I suggest that you register a complaint with the company and then contact the district service manager to see if they can help you out.

Stretch58
10-25-2006, 07:53 PM
My manual for a 2000 says if the PCM is replaced, they have to reprogram the new PCM with the vehicle's original VIN # and the Vehicle's original mileage using the DRB Scan tool. I would think if they did that correctly, at least the mileage should be right, unless they had the oil change rack guy do the work.
Let us know how it turns out. They should not have let it leave the shop in that condition. My dealer has mileage in, mileage out entries on the invoice. Yours should have stood out a little to them.

1thunder
10-26-2006, 07:52 PM
i'm not sure but it sounds like they may have changed the BCM as this is where the mileage is stored and sent to the cluster they may have changed the PCM at first as it is warranty and never corrected the problem then found a used BCM as it isn't warranty after basic warranty expires unles you have an extended warranty now to repair the vehicle you need a BCM and the mileage has to be burned in by the supplier as we order them we need the mileage so that is how that works the PCM does have the mileage in there but does not send that info to the cluster only the BCM does

Add your comment to this topic!