what brand speakers = honda factory speakers?

skotman
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
this is the wrong forum, but the 06 and + forum for civics is pretty dead since it just started up.

what brand speaker does honda use in their 06/07 honda civic ex coupes? the website just says "premium audio system with 7 speakers" and i've googled every rendition of "honda speaker brand" and "civic speaker" with no luck.

figured you guys would know, or at least know where to find out.

TheSilentChamber
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Its just going to be a speaker manufactured for them by some unknown company, or by some known company without any of their markings on it.

Galuple
10-24-2006, 03:50 PM
From my rummaging around in the junk yard, it seems like some earlier hondas had cheap alpine speakers so maybe that helps?

skotman
10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
i may have found my answer.

in my 89 crx, the factory speakers in the back were bose. even had bose markings.

i had a guy at the dealership ask around. he talked to the guys in the parts department, and they said that in the 07 ex model, the tweeter is pioneer, the other speakers are panasonic, however if you get the satellite navigation package, everything is alpine.

odd... because the only thing that is supposed to change when you get the nav package is the radio... unless i'm misreading the website.

FrodoGT
10-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I believe in my friends acoord, the speakers read "denso", or what was left of them..cones fell apart.

crxlvr
10-27-2006, 07:39 AM
well whatever they use in my 03 accord with the stock stereo are great, one of my friends thought it had subs in the car they knocked so hard.

but my 91 crx had paper speakers which blew out in about 1 week

Add your comment to this topic!