Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How can i tell if i have a integra gsr and so on

turbosnail
10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
as the title says its a 89 teg 4 door with a B16a1 engine,auto trannmission and it mark on the on top of the right side tail light "Integra XSIextra"
are there any key notices like suspension,interior or engine.:banghead:

CivicSpoon
10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
You answered your own question. It's an "XSi extra". Unless of course someone just put the sticker on the car.

turbosnail
10-24-2006, 03:27 PM
So i have a GSR right.It looks like the original badge so if i order say suspension parts i will have to order GSR parts or can other Integra models work please state which if any.

projectgsr
10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
I haven't researched too much on that old of a car but as far as i know the oldest GSR your gonna find is like a 93'. But the one you probably want is a 94' or newer. Better body style and bigger engine (1.8 vs. 1.7). I know thats its easy to i.d. my 95' gsr. When I open my door it says GSR right next to the other stickers that tell you want your car should weigh with cargo/passengers, and the sticker that says what color your car is. Also the fool proof way of knowing is just to run up your vin and search it on something like kelley blue book.

projectgsr
10-26-2006, 01:25 PM
ok, i stand corrected. after doing some research i found out that they did make a gsr as late as 92'. but unless you like that body style or can't afford something newer i say go with 94' or newer. 94' and 95' are also better because they already come OBD1 so you won't have to switch later if you really want to tune your car.

Add your comment to this topic!