Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05' Accord upgrades

Tampabucfanatic
10-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Hey andthanks for reading my thread.

I have an 05' Accord automatic- fully stock ATM. Im graduating high school soon and my parents said they would pay for some upgrades. I have a basic idea what I want done, and It will be installed by a professional installer. My price range is 5-10k, and Im looking to keep the cars long-term stability and improve the perfomance.

I thank you for any suggestions/help in Advance!

----Jacob

MT-2500
10-22-2006, 10:42 AM

I have an 05' Accord automatic- fully stock ATM. Im graduating high school soon and my parents said they would pay for some upgrades. I have a basic idea what I want done, and It will be installed by a professional installer. My price range is 5-10k, and Im looking to keep the cars long-term stability and improve the perfomance.

----Jacob

Welcome to AF.
Give everybody a hint on what kind or what upgrades you have in mind.
Some are good and some are not so good.
First thing I would consider is the warranty status on your car.
What mileage and what warranty is left on it?
MT
MT

BNR34_V-SpecII
11-04-2006, 04:06 PM

----Jacob
Attn: Jacob

For starter, the basic and simple worth the money is the AEM Cold Air Intake or the AEM V2 Cold Air Intake if they are available for your model.

Check on: www.dcsports.com (http://www.dcsports.com)

The next would be the DC Sports Headers, also, please check the site above to find if they have upgrade parts for your car. Notes: stick with Stainless Steel headers. Stainless Steel headers look cleaner and won't stain much. Stain-less, but won't stain much. Easier to clean.

Do not ever think about lowering your car, that going to put your car in the so-not-long term stability. Trust me, lowering one's car, costs problems and moneys.

If you want to know more, please reply, or email me @: jason.t.luong050696@gmail.com

Regards,

Jason

P.S. AEM Cold Air Intake system and DC Sports Headers are 50-State legal.

lamehonda
11-13-2006, 07:39 PM
How many cylinders do you have?

Igovert500
11-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Do not ever think about lowering your car, that going to put your car in the so-not-long term stability. Trust me, lowering one's car, costs problems and moneys.

Maybe if you are just chopping your springs, or not getting it realigned. :lol: Done properly, lowering your car is perfectly fine.

As far as the original question, personally, I wouldn't drop 5-10k into an Accord for a few reasons. These are in no particular order

a) warranty as mentioned above...you don't wanna lose it

b)5-10k is a lot of money, no offense to you or your car, but I personally would save it for awhile. I mean you are a younger driver and there is a greater chance you may get in an accident..if you do, insurance wont cover those mods. Not to mention, you could always put that money into something a bit more sporty or something a little ways down the road. You have a great reliable car, drive it for what it is. I honestly dumped money into modding my Accord, and that money was pretty much wasted IMO.

c) you mention a professional installer. Basically this means you are going to be blowing a huge chunk of that cash into paying somebody to do the work for you. If you are anything like I was, it is because you may not feel comfortable doing alot to your car yet. Take some time and research and try small jobs on your car. Maintaince stuff. Over time, you will learn alot more, and become more comfortable working on your own car...and be able to install stuff on your own. This will save you money, and also give you a deeper sense of pride in your own car.

Obviously, it's your car, and you can ignore everything I said. I'm just saying from my own experience, I wish I had saved money, learned more ahead of time, and drove my Honda for what it was...a great reliable daily driver. Not to say they can't be made fast, to each his own, I just think at ~18, holding off for a bit, might be in your best interest. Just my .02

BNR34_V-SpecII
11-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Maybe if you are just chopping your springs, or not getting it realigned. :lol: Done properly, lowering your car is perfectly fine.

No, I did not cut my oem springs, thank god. I currently have the Tein SS Damper kit.

1" lowered in front and 1/2" lowered in the rear.

You may have your view on "lowering the car" is perfectly fine. To me, not really. I'm getting sick of it. If I could go back, I shouldn't even started with all of these so called "tuning" stuffs.

I realized wasted of $$$$ and I could've saved them for a new car.

Igovert500
11-14-2006, 03:30 PM
It's cool, I can understand that. I can completely understand wishing you hadn't lowered your car, I know a few people that are in the same boat, due to low driveways, constant scrapping on speed bumps, having to plan which way to drive to the gas station to avoid bumps and whatnot. I can completely understand that, or the desire to have spent money differently. I just didn't agree with the comment about it effecting long term stability or reliablity or whatever. Just my .02

BNR34_V-SpecII
11-15-2006, 01:47 AM
It's cool, I can understand that. I can completely understand wishing you hadn't lowered your car, I know a few people that are in the same boat, due to low driveways, constant scrapping on speed bumps, having to plan which way to drive to the gas station to avoid bumps and whatnot. I can completely understand that, or the desire to have spent money differently. I just didn't agree with the comment about it effecting long term stability or reliablity or whatever. Just my .02
but still, lowering the car will ruin the stock shocks and struts. what's your 411 on that?

Add your comment to this topic!