Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gas Float not reading correctly on 1996 LS 2DR BLAZER4X4

LS19962DRBLAZER4X4
10-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Gas Gauge not working correctly when driving long distance it barely
moves is this the float that is inside the gas tank or is it the gas pump
or another faulty part?..
Any Suggestions?
Thanks

Marcinko
10-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Hello and welcome.I just changed the FuelPump/Sending Unit Module and both are conviently located in the fuel tank...bit of sarcasm there. If it is infact your sending unit your going to be replacing the whole module.There is a very good How To: in the techinical portion of the forum if you end up doing this. It is what i used. I called GM/Chevrolet and got the part number they would use if I paid them to do it. This crosses over to the AC Delco Module P/N MU13 (on the AC Delco website it correlates to the GM P/N) and I ordered it from www.getmygmparts.com for $176 + shipping. Funny Gm wanted $470 for the pump...lol.Whole job cost me $200 and about 5 hours of my time. However if I had to do it again good probably do it in half that.P.S. The float, if that is what is causing your issue, is a part of the module I speak of above.

twistedtech
10-25-2006, 06:32 PM
The problem with these is the sending unit in the tank.If your good with your hands you can take the unit apart and tighten up contact point's.The pivot on those units are to lose and don't always connect.Yes it works,but then again i've been a auto tech for 23 years to.

LS19962DRBLAZER4X4
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
THANK YOU

Will have it fixed this weekend

Add your comment to this topic!