Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lug nut stud broken. HELP

Sonic Eclipse
10-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Not sure if this goes here, but since it kinda is a problem I'll put it here for the time being. Anyway, I was taking off my front right wheel to get to the Caliper, and as I was taking the lug nuts off, I came accross a stripped stud, and of course I ended up braking it off by accident. Now, here's my problem, how do I replace the the stud?

mike8818
10-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Its pretty easy if you know anything about cars. Just take the breakcaliper and rotor off, you can do it with them on but its easier with them off. and just take a hammer and hit the end of the stripped stud untill it falls backthen pull it out. then slide the new one in and tale a open end lugnut and thread it down the stud and tighten if up until it stops. Then put your rotor and caliper back on then put your tire on and tighten it down. I would also suggest to check it right after the first couple of miles. Thats about it i think.

Blackcrow64
10-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Its pretty easy if you know anything about cars. Just take the breakcaliper and rotor off, you can do it with them on but its easier with them off. and just take a hammer and hit the end of the stripped stud untill it falls backthen pull it out. then slide the new one in and tale a open end lugnut and thread it down the stud and tighten if up until it stops. Then put your rotor and caliper back on then put your tire on and tighten it down. I would also suggest to check it right after the first couple of miles. Thats about it i think.
Exactly... It is very easy to do. :)

mike8818
10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Exactly... It is very easy to do. :)

Except when you have to do it on the side of the road when your tire comes completly off,twice. Next time im getting arp wheelstuds. $18 for 4 but worth is if you dont want to deal with them again. P.S. the reason it happen twice was the lower balljoint.

Add your comment to this topic!